Telegram lets you share your device screen during calls. This makes it ideal for live classes, video presentations, business meets, etc.
Telegram’s screen sharing works across platforms, which means you can share your screen no matter which device (iOS, macOS, Android, Windows) you or the participants are using.
In this tutorial, we show you how to share your iPhone screen with a single person or group on Telegram.
Share iPhone screen via Telegram
You can share your screen on a one-on-one call or group call.
Share screen on a one-on-one call
Here’s how to share your iPhone or iPad screen using Telegram:
1) Open Telegram and go inside the person’s chat with whom you want to share your screen. If you don’t have an ongoing chat, tap the compose button from the top right and choose the person’s contact.
2) Tap the name or profile picture from the top of the chat screen.
3) Choose video, and it will immediately start a video call.
4) Once the person picks up your Telegram call, tap camera, which will turn off your camera for this video call.
5) Tap the same camera button once again.
6) Swipe right to reach PHONE SCREEN and tap Continue here.
7) On the Screen Broadcast popup, Telegram will be selected. Simply tap Start Broadcast. After 3 seconds, everything on your iPhone screen will begin to be shared on this Telegram call.
8) Tap anywhere else on the screen to return to your Telegram call. Now, you can swipe up or press the Home button to minimize Telegram and return to your iPhone Home Screen. Everything is already being shared on the Telegram call. You can open any app, data, document, etc., which along with your entire iPhone screen, will be broadcast on this Telegram call.
To stop sharing your iPhone screen over Telegram, use any of the following methods:
- Tap the red pill or bar on the top of your iPhone screen and tap Stop.
- Open Telegram and tap the camera with iPhone icon.
- Open iPhone Control Center, press the screen recording button, and tap Stop Broadcast.
- Using the above methods will only stop the screen sharing and will continue your call. If you like, you can also open the Telegram app and tap end, which will end the call and the screen sharing.
Share iPhone screen over group Telegram calls
The steps to share your iPhone screen via group Telegram calls are almost the same. Here’s how:
1) Go to the group chat and tap the group picture or name from the top.
2) Tap video chat > Start Video Chat.
3) Tap video, swipe right, and tap Continue below PHONE SCREEN.
4) Tap Start Broadcast, and it will broadcast your iPhone screen to all the group participants.
Share your screen and video at the same time
When on a group call, follow the above steps to start sharing your iPhone screen. Once that’s done, tap video and then tap Continue below Front or Rear Camera. Now, your iPhone screen and video will be in two tiles on the recipients’ screen.
However, on iPhone, when you go out of the Telegram app to share your screen, your video feed is paused. It will resume when you go inside the Telegram app once again.
To stop screen sharing:
- Tap You are sharing your screen > Stop Sharing.
- Press the screen recording button in the iPhone Control Center and tap Stop Broadcast.
- You can also tap leave or end inside Telegram to close the group call.