Memoji was originally introduced alongside the release of iOS 12 back in 2018 as an extension of the Animoji feature that released the year before. Since then this feature has received upgrades in the form of Memoji stickers that have been widely used by iMessage users across Apple devices. However, the ability to make a new Memoji had been limited to iPhones and iPads initially, but with the recent macOS and watchOS updates, Memojis can now be created on your Apple Watch and Mac too.
How to Create a Memoji on Apple Watch
To create Memojis, your Apple Watch must be running watchOS 7 or later as mentioned above:
- Press the Digital Crown on your Apple Watch to access the home screen full of apps. Scroll around and tap on the Memoji app.
- Most Apple Watch owners may have already created a Memoji using their iPhones and therefore, you’ll find your existing Memojis upon launching the app. Swipe down on the screen and get to the top.
- Now, you’ll see the option to create a new Memoji. Tap on the “+” icon to get started.
- You’ll be shown a familiar layout where you can select the facial characters of the Memoji you want to create. Tap on any of the facial features to start customizing it according to your preference.
- Regardless of what facial characteristics you select, you’ll find a row of options at the bottom, and another set of customization features on the side. You can swipe left or right on the bottom menu to switch between options located below. To change between the customizations that are available on the right, simply use the Digital Crown.
- Once you’re done repeating the above step for all the facial characteristics according to your preferences, tap on “Done” to save your new Memoji. Or, if you want to discard all the changes you made, you can tap on “Cancel” instead.
- If you change your mind about the Memoji you created at some point later on and want to remove it, you can simply launch the Memoji app, tap on the Memoji you want to remove, scroll down to the bottom of the customization menu, and tap on “Delete”.
There you go, that’s how you can make Memojis directly on your Apple Watch.
You can now use the Memoji you just created within the stock Messages app as Memoji stickers while texting your friends, family members, and colleagues.