nstagram is without a doubt one of the most popular social networking platforms with over 1 billion monthly active users. If you ever wanted to grab all your photos, movies, stories, and see all the data that you’ve shared with Instagram over the years, you can do it right from your iPhone or iPad, and it’s a lot easier than you think.
How to Download All Instagram Data, Pictures, Video, Stories, etc via iPhone
If you use a password manager to access Instagram, make sure you keep your password handy as you’ll be asked to enter it before you can download or access the data. Just follow the steps below to get started.
- Open “Instagram” on your iPhone or iPad.
- Head over to your profile by tapping on the icon at the bottom-right corner. Next, tap on the triple-line icon at the top-right corner of your screen.
- Now, choose “Settings” from the pop-up menu.
- In the settings menu, tap on “Security” as shown below.
- Next, choose “Download Data” located under the “Data and History” section.
- Type in your email address for receiving a link to download your data and tap on “Request Download” to continue.
- You’ll be prompted to type in your Instagram password. Once you’re done, tap on “Next”.
- Now, you’ll be informed that it will take up to 48 hours to collect your data. Tap on “Done” to leave this screen.
When the download is ready, Instagram will email you with a link to download your data. You will need to enter your Instagram password again to begin downloading the data.
The data you download from Instagram will be a ZIP file. Therefore, you’ll need to unzip this compressed file using the Files app before you’re able to actually view all the data.