Are you getting unwanted messages or texts from a random phone number? Or perhaps, it’s just an annoying contact who’s overloading your inbox on iMessage? Either way, you can easily block text messages on the iPhone, preventing your Messages app from getting any contact or communication through the block.
The native Messages app on your iPhone is the home to both regular text messages as well as iMessage conversations. Although iMessage doesn’t offer a dedicated blocking feature unlike most other instant messaging services, you can still block the contact altogether. This will not only block their text messages, but also block them from making phone calls to your number. If you’re already familiar with the process of blocking a contact through the Phone app, you will find some of the process of blocking texts and messages from people to be pretty similar.
How to Block Messages & Texts on iPhone & iPad
Blocking a contact is a pretty simple and straightforward procedure on iPhone and iPad regardless of the iOS/iPadOS version running.
- Launch the “Messages” app from the home screen of your iPhone.
- Open the message thread or conversation with the contact you want to block.
- Tap on the contact’s name located at the top, as shown in the screenshot below.
- This will give you access to more options. Tap on “Info” to proceed to the next step.
- Now, tap on “Info” to view the contact details.
- Here, scroll down to the bottom and you’ll find the option to block the contact. Tap on “Block this Caller”.
- When you’re prompted to confirm your action, tap on “Block Contact” and you’re good to go.
That’s pretty much all there is to it. You now know how to prevent messages and text messages from someone by blocking the person.