Nowadays, a lot of apps, including Apple’s own services like Apple TV+ and Fitness+ allow you to comfortably download videos for offline viewing. While this may be helpful for watching videos uninterrupted while you’re not connected to the internet, it comes at the expense of your iPhone or iPad’s physical storage space. The more videos you download, the lesser space you have for other purposes like software update files, music, photos, etc. Therefore, when you’re done watching these videos, it’s important to remove them from your device to avoid running into low storage problems.
How to Delete Downloaded Videos on iPhone & iPad to Free Up Storage Space
The particular option that we’re about to discuss seems to show up only on devices running iOS 14/iPadOS 14 or later. So, make sure your device is updated before going ahead with the following steps.
- Head over to “Settings” from the home screen of your iPhone or iPad.
- In the settings menu, scroll down and tap on “General” as shown in the screenshot below.
- Here, scroll down and tap on the “iPhone Storage” (or iPad Storage) option located just below the CarPlay settings to proceed.
- Now, you’ll be able to see how much free space you have on your iPhone or iPad. In the same menu, under Recommendations, you’ll find the option to review the videos you’ve downloaded. Simply tap on “Review Downloaded Videos” to continue.
- Here, you’ll be able to see all the videos you’ve downloaded from different apps along with their sizes. Tap on “Edit” to manage these videos.
- Now, just tap on the red “-” icon next to the video that you want to remove. You’ll see the “Delete” option show up on the right. Tap on it to confirm.
That’s it. You can do the same for other videos that you want to delete.
If you’re unable to find this option to review downloaded videos under Recommendations, it means that the space taken up the videos you’ve downloaded is insignificant enough to make any difference to your iPhone’s storage space even if you delete them.