Want to clear your Facebook account of all your old posts? Until recently, if you wanted to delete any of your Facebook posts, you had to scroll through your profile and do it one by one. Thankfully, Facebook launched a feature called Manage Activity to make this process a whole lot easier, allowing you to remove all old posts.
Most of us have used Facebook for years now and we might have some embarrassing old posts or photos that are visible to the friends who visit our profile. It’s hard to keep scrolling down and find these specific posts that you want to delete. However, you can now select all of these posts and delete them in bulk. You can do this on both the Facebook app for mobile devices and the desktop site.
Keen on removing those old posts before one of your sneaky friends take a screenshot? Let’s check out the steps to get this done.
By the way, you might want to save all your photos from Facebook before deleting your posts, but that’s a matter of personal preference of course.
How to Delete All Facebook Posts From Your Facebook Account
Thanks to the Manage Activity feature, deleting your old Facebook posts, regardless of whether they’re status updates or photo uploads, is a pretty simple and straightforward procedure. Just follow the steps below to get started.
- Launch the Facebook app on your device.
- Head over to the Facebook menu by tapping on the triple-line icon at the bottom-right corner of your screen. Scroll down and expand “Settings & Privacy”. Now, choose “Privacy Shortcuts”.
- Here, scroll down and tap on “See your Activity Log” located under “Your Facebook Information”.
- Next, tap on “Manage Activity” located right at the top.
- Choose “Your Posts” which includes your photos, videos, status updates, and more.
- Now, you should able to view all your Facebook posts neatly sorted by their respective dates. Keep scrolling down until you’re able to see all of your old posts. Now, check the box at the top of this menu and tap on “Trash” as shown below.
- Now, you’ll be informed that the selected posts will be moved to the trash and permanently removed after 30 days. Tap on “Move to Trash” to confirm.
There you go, you’ve successfully managed to delete all of your old Facebook posts in bulk.